Get into the spirit of the Melbourne winter from Saturday 1 July to Sunday 16 July with the Melbourne Ice Slide!
The 36 metre long, four-meter high ice slide is set up alongside Southbank’s waterfront near Eureka Skydeck and for $12 you get three goes of riding an inflatable tube down the slide (or $20 for six slides).
We visit the slide for a preview and Baby 2.0 gives is a HOT! As soon as we get to the bottom he immediately wants to have another go.
It goes pretty fast – and in fact the heavier you are the faster you’ll go and the harder you’ll hit the crash mats at the end.
Kids under 4 years need to go with an adult in one of the bigger slides, kids over 4 years old can ride their own smaller inflatable tube. You can even race your friends as there are twin lanes.
The Variety Ice Slide is definitely a HOT event for the holidays. Rug up and get ready to slide!
- Pop on warm clothes, as the ice slide is cold! But you won’t get wet so no need for a towel or change of clothing;
- Helmets are optional but recommended;
- Kids under 5 must ride with an adult;
- Tickets can be purchased onsite on arrival;
- Will not operate if its raining.
- Right next door to Ludow Bar, best spot to sit with a drink and watch the action;
- Nearest parking is Wilson Parking “Eureka Car Park” on the corner of City Road and Southgate Avenue (enter via Southgate Avenue). All Melbourne Ice Slide visitors can receive discounted parking within the Eureka Tower Wilson car park; and
- Closest train station Flinders Street Train, or take any tram that stops at Arts Precinct along St Kilda Rd.
Melbourne Ice Slide at Eureka Skydeck, Riverside Quay, Southbank Melbourne (03) 9693 8888
Sat 1 July – Sun 16 July 2017
$12 per person for three ice slides, $20 for 6 slides (children under 5 must ride with an adult)