Little Red Train Werribee is an electric trackless train ride that all the family can take within picturesque Werribee Park.
The cute train takes you on a 1.2km loop around the picturesque gardens of historic Werribee Mansion, sweeping by the duck ponds, parterre gardens and Shadowfax Wines.
We were invited to have a go and it’s great fun for little kids and the young-at-heart. Train-mad Baby 2.0 loved it – especially when he got to go up the front and ding the bell and pretend to drive the train! You just have to ask the owner/driver Mike nicely for a go :)
Little Red Train departs every 12 minutes in front of Werribee Park Mansion and the red carriage is easy to spot. The trip takes about 9 minutes to complete and returns you to the starting point. No bookings are required – just hop on and toot toot!
- Open every Friday, Saturday & Sunday (10am – 4pm);
- On public holidays and daily during the school holidays (10am – 4pm);
- Departs every 12 minutes;
- No bookings are required or taken – first come first served;
- you may be able to fit a pram in depending on size and if there are spare seats;
- Head over to Werribee Open Range Zoo before/after your train ride;
- free parking on site;
- toilets and cafe available at Werribee Mansion and the Mansion Hotel. Note the cafe is pretty poor (slow service, basic menu and a lot of food on the menu not available) so I recommend BYO instead!
Giveaway! Thanks to Little Red Train I have 10 x family passes (4 tickets) to give away with no expiry date. To win just follow the instructions below. The competition closes midnight Monday 30 May and the ten winners will be randomly drawn and contacted by email. Each winner must respond within 48 hours or a new winner will be drawn. Good luck!
Little Red Train, Werribee Park, K Road, Werribee South
Every Friday, Saturday & Sunday, public holidays and daily school holidays 10-4pm, departing every 12 minues
Adult (18+): $5
Child (3-17): $5
Toddler (Under 3): FREE