Little Red Train Werribee is an electric trackless train ride that all the family can take within picturesque Werribee Park.
The cute train takes you on a 1.2km loop around the picturesque gardens of historic Werribee Mansion, sweeping by the duck ponds, parterre gardens and Shadowfax Wines.
We were invited to have a go and it’s great fun for little kids and the young-at-heart. Train-mad Baby 2.0 loved it – especially when he got to go up the front and ding the bell and pretend to drive the train! You just have to ask the owner/driver Mike nicely for a go :)
Little Red Train departs every 12 minutes in front of Werribee Park Mansion and the red carriage is easy to spot. The trip takes about 9 minutes to complete and returns you to the starting point. No bookings are required – just hop on and toot toot!
- Open every Friday, Saturday & Sunday (10am – 4pm);
- On public holidays and daily during the school holidays (10am – 4pm);
- Departs every 12 minutes;
- No bookings are required or taken – first come first served;
- you may be able to fit a pram in depending on size and if there are spare seats;
- Head over to Werribee Open Range Zoo before/after your train ride;
- free parking on site;
- toilets and cafe available at Werribee Mansion and the Mansion Hotel. Note the cafe is pretty poor (slow service, basic menu and a lot of food on the menu not available) so I recommend BYO instead!
Little Red Train, Werribee Park, K Road, Werribee South
Every Saturday & Sunday, public holidays and daily school holidays 11-3:30pm, departing every 12 minutes
Adult (18+): $6
Child (3-17): $6
Toddler (0-2 years): FREE