The Incinerator Gallery in Moonee Ponds hold an early learning program called ‘Arty Tales’ and it’s a fantastic morning activity for preschoolers at a very affordable price.
For a mere $5.50 per child kids 3-5 years and their carers can enjoy a 1.5 hour session of storytelling and songs, a simple but tempting morning tea and art making activities loosely related to the artworks on display.
Then it’s time for a break of fresh fruit and Arnott’s Assorted biscuits!
For the next hour or so everyone makes artworks using pastels, collage, textas and stickers. Art materials are set out in small ‘stations’ and kids are free to roam from station to station to make what they wish as the atmosphere is very relaxed.
Arty Tales run monthly on a Monday and the Incinerator Gallery also run very reasonably priced adult workshops and school holiday programs so it’s worth signing up to their enews.
- Arty Tales is suitable for children 3-5 years, carers are free and must supervise children;
- Tickets $5.50 including morning tea;
- Bookings capped at 15 children;
- Walking distance to playground at Maribyrnong Park and cafes at The Boathouse and Poynton’s Nursery; and
- A short drive to Pirate Park Aberfeldie and the restaurants and cafes of Union Road such as Mister Nice Guy’s BakeShop and Motorhome Majestic.
Arty Tales, Incinerator Gallery, 180 Holmes Rd, Moonee Ponds (03) 8325 1750
2017 sessions Mondays from 10am – 11:30am:
- 5 June
- 3 July
- 7 August
- 4 September
- 9 October
- 13 November
$5.50 per child, carers free and must accompany. Refreshments provided.