You won’t be able to miss it as the theme park is marked by a head-turning giant floating tap that floods the house below. Our kids squealed every time they saw it driving down Phillip Island Road!
The SkyTrail is a new tree top walk and high ropes course suitable for kids for 120cm+. Unfortunately this meant that we had to miss it but we still spent 2 hours having fun in Puzzle Island, illusions, maze, mini golf and little playground.
The puzzle house is old-fashioned interactive fun, with mirrors, trickery and gags galore.
The kids most enjoyed Puzzle Island – Lady AB zoomed along on a flying boogie board and Baby 2.0 loved driving (and crashing) trains on a big screen!
The maze is actually quite difficult, even with wooden platforms that you can climb to get a bird’s eye view of the area. After a while we were so confused and the kids were hungry – so we took the easy way out and headed towards the emergency exit! I’ve been told that it takes an average 45 minutes to complete the maze…
Finally we ended up at the mini golf course (or Maxigolf as the call it). Not having the patience (or skill) to play all 18 holes we just picked the last few holes so the kids could have a turn.
If you’re holidaying in Phillip Island A Maze’N Things is a great destination to keep the kids amused for a couple of hours. It’s suitable for toddlers right up to adults and most of the puzzle house is pram accessible. Time a pre or post-lunch visit as after a quick peek of the cafe I think there are better eating options nearby.
A Maze’N Things have just opened a new attraction called the Magic Manor and it is themed around magic.
- Small playground is suitable for toddlers;
- SkyTrail only open for children 120cm+;
- SkyTrail requires pre-booking. Phone 5952 2283 or at the gatehouse onsite for a 1 hour session;
- Children between 120 – 140 cm need an adult chaperone;
- Take food, snacks and water bottles with you;
- baby change facilities available;
- play mini golf first so you don’t have to wait for other players before your turn (most people do the puzzles first);
- little shade in outdoor areas;
- Expect to spend about 2-3 hours there, including the playground and lunch. BBQs on site for Maxigolf customers;
- free parking on site;
- keep an eye out for coupon deals. For instance, you can find 2 for 1 tickets in the Entertainment Book and RACV card gives 10% discount; and
- there is on-site accommodation at A Maze’N Things Holiday Park.
A Maze’N Things, 1805 Phillip Island Road, Cowes +61 3 5952 2283
7 days 10am-5pm, 9am-5pm January.
Last admission is at 4pm
SkyTrail open weekends 11am-5pm and 7 days December and school holidays
1 hour session $20
Any 4 climbers – a 1 hour session $68
|Puzzle Island, Illusions &Maze||Maxigolf|
|Family||$99.50||$63.00||$50.00||Up to 2 Adults & 2 Children|
|Adult||$33.00||$21.00||$15.50||16yrs & over|
|Child||$23.00||$14.50||$11.50||3yrs and under no charge|
|Senior||$26.40||$16.80||$12.40||Please show card|
|Pensioner||$26.50||$16.80||$12.40||Please show card|
|Students||$29.70||$18.90||$14.00||Please show card|