- Docklands Winter Fireworks (Fri 24 Jul) – Fireworks every Friday night at 7:30pm during July and August with other FREE entertainment happening along the promenade from 6:30-8:30pm).
- European Night Market at Madame Brussels Lane (Fri 24 Jul) – take in the rich European aromas of mulled wine, German sausages and freshly baked pretzels as they browse the mix of new and returning food stalls.
- Fly By Night Hamer Hall (Fri 24 Jul – Sun 26 Jul) – Weaving together dance, physical theatre, sound design and video art, the site-specific work uses iPhone devices to deliver a surprising, promenade-style, self-guided tour via a purpose-built mobile app.
- Munich Winter Wunderland Weekend (Fri 24 Jul – Sun 26 Jul) – Celebrate all things winter at this huge Winter Wunderland Weekend bash. On Sunday bring the little ones down for a winter inspired day of Bavarian fun. From the delicious kinder menu to gingerbread decorating and even a special appearance from the Snow Princess.
- Imagineering Workshop ACCA (Sat 25 Jul) – Explore Ryan Gander’s story telling about the world in the exhibition READ ONLY then create inspired artworks using objects, dreaming and your imagination.
- Bend and Snap Market (Sat 25 Jul – Sun 26 Jul) – curated stalls with a plethora of artwork, jewellery, homewares, DIY kits, vintage stalls and sugary treats. Plated Image will also be hosting papercraft workshops
- Open House Melbourne (Sat 25 Jul – Sun 26 Jul) – program of architecture and design events all around Melbourne with a cardboard building event for kids which you may be able to drop in to if there are no shows.
- Bunyips and Dragons NGV Australia (Sat 25 Jul – Sun 4 Oct) – large-scale works from more than 60 of Australia’s best-loved book illustrators.
- Kids Flicks at ACMI (Sat 27 Jun – Sun 12 Jul) – ACMI’s curated program of children’s films. READ THE REVIEW.
- Scarecrow Making at Pop Up Patch (Sun 26 Jul) – Make your very own scarecrow with Little Veggie Patch Co.
- Under 8s Ice Fun at Medibank Icehouse (Sun 26 Jul) – A unique toddler experience in shoes or skates.
- Eat Think Save (Mon 27 Jul) – Enjoy a free and delicious hot lunch at Fed Square, created from produce that would have ended up as landfill.
- Winter Night Market at Queen Victoria Market (Wed 29 Jul) – best of winter food, design and theatrics to the market every Wednesday during winter.
- Anna Walker exhibition at No Vacancy Gallery (Tue 7 Jul – Sun 26 Jul) – Discover Anna Walker’s new picture book and solo exhibition at No Vacancy Project Space. READ THE REVIEW.
- Artplay Inside Out (Thu 30 Jul) – create an artwork or build a play space with your little one every Thursday at Artplay.
- The Lion King at Regent Theatre (until October) – Disney film brought to life on stage.
NORTH / NORTH-EAST
- Eid al–Fitr North Melbourne (Fri 24 Jul) – enjoy diverse entertainment and many activities including: mehndi (henna), traditional Eritrean coffee ceremony, children’s activities and delicious food.
- National Tree Day Alphington Community Centre (Fri 24 Jul) – Come along for some gardening and fun in our playground, including fruit time picnic.
- Coburg Farmers Market (Sat 25 Jul) – farmers market every 2nd and 4th Saturday.
- Wild About Art at Melbourne Zoo (Sat 27 Jun – Sun 31 Aug) – Art and wildlife come together this winter.
- Children’s Literature Talk Northcote Library (Wed 29 Jul) – learn more about children’s literature, as CBCA Judge, Jane Parsons, discusses this year’s Children’s Book Awards shortlist.
SOUTH / SOUTH-EAST / BAYSIDE
- The Creator’s Market Prahran (Sat 25 Jul) – artists, crafters and culinary creators showcase their wares.
- Star Weaving See Make Play Prahran (Sat 25 Jul) – See Make Play will host a free community event for kids and adults. Learn how to star weave with Ms Candy Sparkles and contribute to Maryann Telia Pau’s 1 million stars to end violence project.
- Alliance Francaise Scavenger Hunt (Sat 25 Jul) – It’s a race against the clock to follow clues and find the answers for your chance to win great prizes!
- TH King Pavilion for National Tree Day (Sun 26 Jul) – Join a guided tour and discover the rich biodiversity of the Glen Iris Wetlands, including vast bird life and indigenous plants. Finish off the tour with a delicious BBQ lunch.
- Caroline’s Little Stars Glen Iris (Fri 24 Jul) – Fun for babies, toddlers and preschoolers including singing, dancing and playing percussion instruments.
- National Tree Day Ruffey Park Lake (Sun 26 Jul) – Join in activities and a free barbecue on National Tree Day, Australia’s largest community tree planting event.
- Wildlife Heroes at Healesville Sanctuary (Sat 27 June to 31 August 2015) – new indoor play space is designed especially for our little heroes and will entice kids to play and dress-up as our wildlife hospital rescue team, saving their own plush patients. READ THE REVIEW.
- Stony Creek National Tree Day Planting (Sun 26 Jul) – Celebrate National Tree Day and help establish valuable habitat for native animals. Free BBQ and coffee.
- Cruikshank Park National Tree Day Planting (Sun 26 Jul) – Celebrate National Tree Day and help to improve habitat values and biodiversity in Cruickshank Park by planting indigenous trees, shrubs and grasses.
- Harris Reserve National Tree Day (Sun 26 Jul) – Special activities for the kids include a Jumping Castle, face painting, give away lollies and free BBQ lunch.
- Toddler and Preschool Circus Club (Sat 25 Jul, Thu 30 Jul) – Explore aerials, balances, circus circuits and games.
- 5 Rhythms Dance at FCAC (Mon 27 Jul) – Together, big and little feet will dance expressively through the rhythms of Flowing, Staccato, Chaos, Lyrical and Stillness. Best suited for toddlers and walkers (up to 5 years).
- Music for Toddlers at FCAC (Tue 28 Jul, Wed 28 Jul) – Immerse yourself in super cool music and take a rollicking ride through music, dance and percussion.