Lots of events happening for families and under 5s – we’ll be heading to Williamstown Literary Festival to meet Mr Chicken!
CBD / DOCKLANDS
- Federation Square Book Market with Judy Watson (Sat 13 Jun) – Meet Judy and celebrate the release of her latest picture book Thunderstorm Dancing.
- Family Fun Days at Harbour Town (Sat 13 Jun – Sun 14 Jun) – Kids able to ride on the free Harbour Town Express Train, plus enjoy many more activities that change every weekend.
- Kids’ Flicks at ACMI (Sat 13 Jun – Sun 14 Jun) – ACMI’s curated weekend program of children’s films.
- Scarecrow Making at Federation Square (Sun 14 Jun) – Bring the kids to Fed Square’s rooftop veggie garden, Pop Up Patch, and help them make their very own scarecrow to take home.
- Under 8s Ice Fun at Medibank Icehouse (Sun 14 Jun) – unique toddler experience in shoes or skates.
- EuroUnion Festival at Queen Victoria Market (Sun 14 Jun) – European street food festival.
- Winter Night Market at Queen Victoria Market (Wed 17 Jun) – street food vendors, entertainment, stalls.
- Circus Oz at Birrarung Marr (Wed 17 Jun – Sun 12 Jul) – return season of But Wait…There’s More. This show features a creative bunch of fabulous weirdos – graceful men, strong women, intricate and innovative jugglers, lyrical and virtuosic unicyclers, brazen hula hoopers, hilarious flying trapeze artists, booty-shaking hip-hoppers, highly musical acrobats and highly acrobatic musicians.
- The Light in Winter at Federation Square (Mon 1 Jun – Sun 21 Jun) – exhibitions, talks and screen programs.
- Open House: Tromarama for Kids at NGV International (Sat 23 May – Sun 18 Oct) – wondrous and immersive house of fun in children’s gallery. READ THE REVIEW.
- Flour Market presents Day of the Donut (Sat 13 Jun) – epic bake sale dedicated to doughnuts!
- Good Wheel Cycling Session (Sat 13 Jun, Sat 21 Jun) – FREE 2.5 hour program designed to support parents/carers to ride safely with children. Includes road safety info, basic mechanics, formation riding with children, route planning.
- Brunswick Flea Market (Sun 14 Jun) – New and vintage furniture, household items and clothing.
- Movie Nights at Fitzroy Library – Red Dog (Tue 16 Jun) – free family movies.
SOUTH / SOUTH-EAST / BAYSIDE
- Micador warehouse sale Dandenong (Fri 12 Jun – Sat 13 Jun) – bargains from 50c.
- Piccadilly Market at Malvern Town Hall (Sun 14 Jun) – craft and design market.
- Farmer’s Market at Collingwood Children’s Farm (Sat 13 Jun) – $2 entry for adults and free for kids, plus do your grocery shopping from local producers.
- 1000 paper cranes for peace at Hawthorn Library (Tue 16 Jun) – help fold 1,000 paper cranes to display in the library to commemorate 70th anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima and promote peace.
- SUPER HERO day at New Leaf Cafe (Sat 13 June) – character breakfast and meet and greet.
- Leigh Hobbs at Williamstown Literature Festival (Sat 13 Jun) – Leigh Hobbs will show aspiring young artists how to create their own wonderful characters.
- Chevron Market at Werribee (Sun 14 Jun) – A market to support mums in business with free kids entertainment.
- Eagle Stadium Community Open Day at Werribee (Sun 14 Jun) – sports ambassadors, marching bands, cheerleaders and roving entertainment.
- Baby & Kids Market at Flemington Racecourse (Sun 14 Jun) – preloved goods by great brands at bargain prices.
- The Colour Club at Highpoint (Mon 15 Jun) – free program of activities for kids.
- Tyrannosaurs – Meet the Family at Scienceworks (Sat 23 May – Sun 4 Oct) – explore how these terrifying dinosaurs became the world’s top predators with their massive skulls, powerful jaws, and bone-crunching teeth. READ THE REVIEW.