The Easter school holidays are starting this weekend from Saturday 28 March to Sunday 12 April. So this week’s What’s On is split into two by location as the list of events and activities is huge!
Many toddlers and preschoolers have their regular activities and kinder classes stop during term break. Here are some ideas to keep under 5s entertained during the whole period of school holidays, sorted by location and date order. (Photo from our visit to The Windsor School Holiday Afternoon Tea Treat).
- Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show (Wed 25 Mar – Sun 29 Mar) – includes children’s area and cubby house design challenge.
- The Very Big Laugh Out Loud at Federation Square (Fri 27 March – Sun 19 April) – Get a belly full of laughs at Fed Square with the Melbourne International Comedy Festival.
- Cooks’ Cottage Easter Adventure (Sat 28 Mar – Sun 5 Apr) – Self-guided Easter Adventure and an Easter treat on completion.
- Easter activities at Eureka Skydeck (Sat 28 Mar – Sun 12 Apr) – FREE bunny ear making, Easter badge making and meet and greets with Deckstar between 11am-3.30pm.
- School Holidays at Immigration Museum (Sat 28 Mar – Sun 12 Apr) – Create your own lucky charm, decorate a dazzling vehicle and prepare for a journey.
- School holidays at the Melbourne Star Observation Wheel (Sat 28 Mar – Sun 12 Apr) – Old farm favourites, Easter Bunny visit, football mascots and meet and learn about reptiles. READ THE REVIEW.
- School holidays at Wonderland Fun Park (Sat 28 Mar – Sun 12 Apr) – The Big Bubble Show, Marty Putz – Putzin Around and Easter Bunny visit.
- Under 8s Ice Fun at Medibank Icehouse (Sat 28 Mar – Sun 12 Apr) – A unique toddler experience in shoes or skates every day of the school holidays.
- School holidays at Harbourtown Docklands (Sat 28 Mar – Sun 12 Apr) – Family fun days every weekend, Easter bunny appearances, Easter bunny hunts and Lego Brick Zone.
- School holidays at ArtPlay (Sat 28 Mar – Sun 12 Mar) – Come and play in the ArtPlay Backyard these school holidays plus drop-in events.
- School holidays at NGV International (Sat 28 Mar – Sun 12 Apr) – Express Yourself: Romance Was Born and workshops.
- Ali McGregor’s CabHOORAY (Sat 28 Mar – Sun 5 Apr) – If you love jazz, cabaret and a good laugh then don’t miss CabHOORAY!
- Captain Funpants and the Mystery of the FuNomatic Fun Wand at Melbourne Town Hall (Sat 28 Mar – Sun 12 Apr) – Two of Australia’s funniest comedians, Harley Breen (ABC’s Comedy Up Late, The Project) and Heath Franklin (‘Chopper’, Wednesday Night Fever) are swapping late night comedy clubs for late afternoon tents to finally play to an audience their own mental age: children.
- Barbie Princess Power High Tea at The Langham Melbourne (Mon 30 Mar – Thu 2 Apr) – To celebrate the upcoming release of ‘Barbie™ in Princess Power’ on DVD join us for a magical high tea at Aria Lounge. READ THE REVIEW.
- Easter bunny hunt and visit at Harbourtown Docklands (Mon 30 Mar – Sun 5 Apr) – Easter bunny appearances and Easter bunny hunts.
- The Windsor School Holiday Afternoon Tea Treat (Mon 30 Mar – Thu 9 Apr) – Take children under the age of 12 to the hotel’s renowned afternoon tea and pay only the price of the children’s ages. READ THE REVIEW.
- School holidays at Lego Educational Centre (Mon 30 Mar – Fri 10 Apr) – Serious fun with Lego! Book a full morning or afternoon session (3 X workshops) and receive a LEGO brick name badge.
- School holidays at Melbourne Library Service (Mon 30 Mar – Mon 13 Apr) – classes, workshops performances and stories.
- Easter Egg Hunt at City Library (Tue 31 Mar) – Make your own Easter bonnet then search the library for eggs.
- Brick Man Experience (Tue 31 Mar – Sun 12 Apr) – complete collection of over 50 original LEGO works by Ryan “Brick Man” McNaught, one of only twelve LEGO Certified Professional in the world. WIN TICKETS.
- Robot Story time at ArtPlay (Wed 1 Apr – Thu 2 Apr) – Robot Story Time is part of Robot Road Trip, a mobile arts technology experience that travels across Australia and internationally to connect young people to the world of creative robotics and new media arts.
- Dr Brown Brown Brown Brown Brown and His Singing Tiger… Again! (Tue 31 Mar – Sun 5 Apr) – Pack your adventure shoes and prepare to lend a hand in this silly, physical, musical, brownical experience! WIN TICKETS
- School holidays at Queen Victoria Market (Tue 31 Mar, Thu 2 Apr, Tue 7 Apr, Thu 9 Apr) – Join Sweetpea Cuisine for some fun foodie activities using seasonal spring produce, Kids Own Publishing book making and cubby house.
- CLAWS at Sea Life Melbourne Aquarium (from Wed 1 Apr) – Crawl in to see six new interactive displays, featuring all-new species, and discover all things crustacean. READ THE REVIEW.
- Easter Craft at Southbank Library (Thu 2 Apr) – create some beautiful Easter crafts..
- Good Friday Appeal Kids Day Out at Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (Fri 3 Apr) – giant roller-skating rink, laser skirmish, sports clinics, the popular Teddy Bear Hospital, kids cooking classes, rides, music and dancing and more.
- CPR Challenge at Crown (Fri 3 Apr) – family fun activities, the setting of a world record (most people trained in paediatric CPR in 6hrs, celebrity meet’n’greets with all proceeds for Melbourne’s Royal Children’s Hospital.
- Meet the Easter Bunny at Wonderland Fun Park (Fri 3 Apr) – The fun park is open every day of the Easter weekend plus a Good Friday family day.
- Easter Hunt at the Royal Botanic Gardens (Sat 4 Apr) Join the Easter Hunt and receive some chocolate egg prizes! Sing Easter bunny songs, make yourself a pair of bunny ears, decorate Easter eggs and explore the veggie garden to find out what bunnies like to eat.
- Little Foodies Easter Scavenger Hunt at Queen Victoria Market (Sun 5 Apr) – Be guided around the market by your special Easter guide to find special Easter foodie treasures. Kids will receive samples or tastings at each location and will each be provided with a ‘treasure bag’ to fill with Easter eggs & goodies along the way.
- Meet the Easter Bunny at Melbourne Star (Sat 4 Apr, Sun 5 Apr) – Meet the Easter bunny plus farm favourites return from March 30 – April 2.
- Scarecrow Making at Pop Up Patch (Sun 5 Apr, Sun 12 Apr) – Make your very own scarecrow with Little Veggie Patch Co.
- Opposites Day by Baby Music Love Fun at Melbourne Recital Centre (Tue 7 Apr, Wed 8 Apr) – Fun-filled interactive concerts for babies and toddlers.
- Wheelie Workshop at Immigration Museum (Thu 9 Apr) – Bring your own vehicle for an afternoon of decoration and parade.
- Itty Bitty Book Van Free Children’s Book Exchange & Storytelling (Thu 9 Apr) – Bring along your quality pre-loved children’s book and then browse the Itty Bitty Book Van to find one to exchange and take home.
- Kids’ Gnocchi Master Class at Queen Victoria Markets – hands on fun for kids, wine, antipasto and cheese for the adults and lunch afterwards! WIN TICKETS
If you need school holiday ideas for school-aged children then check out the listings at Meetoo.com.au.