- Courtyard Cantina at Immigration Museum (Fri 6 Feb ) – Every Friday night in February the Immigration Museum’s courtyard will come alive. Featuring pop up bars by Shebeen and Melbourne’s own Sake Master, entertainment from a range of PBS DJs, and Street food from Señor BBQ, Bretzel Biz, La Tortilleria, Boss Man Food, El Alamo, Koba and Trailer Made Food.
- Gong Garden (Fri 6 Feb – Sun 8 Feb) – Discover the sounds, sensations and philosophy of these fascinating instruments and join in improvised musical play with internationally acclaimed gong artist Michael Askill.
- Altogether Now at ArtPlay (Fri 6 Feb – Tue 17 Feb) – Be guided through a play-scape full of little surprises and big delights, and lots of play, movement and fun.
- A Mad Tea Party at Verve Studios (Sat 7 Feb 2015) – Exploring the theme of mental health, A Mad Tea Party is a mix of physical theatre, comedy and circus.
- The curious game (Sat 7 Feb 2015- Sun 8 Feb 2015) – characters from an over-sized chessboard come to life.
- The Giant Opera Dress Up Box (Sat 7 Feb – Sun 8 Feb) Create your own themed dress-up from a swag of costumes provided by Opera Australia.
- All day Fritz (Sat 7 Feb 2015, Sun 8 Feb 2015) – an eclectic repertoire of rootsy extremely groovy music for humans of all ages.
- The Flag Foundry (Sat 7 Feb – Sun 8 Feb) – decorate your own fabric flag during the course of the SummersaltFestival, with each new flag joining the constantly growing canopy.
- ‘Uptown’ brown (Sat 7 Feb – Sun 8 Feb) – musical machine which permits an athletic fellow to play multiple instruments at once.
- Games (Sat 7 Feb – Sun 8 Feb) – Melbourne-based Circus producing high-quality work which explore relevant and meaningful ideas while showcasing elite physical skill. Free.
- Cocoloco (Sat 7 Feb – Sun 8 Feb) – cabaret performance and street theatre with a twist.
- Encounters (Sat 7 Feb – Sun 8 Feb) – Encounters brings art, technology and people together in a weekly outdoor interactive digital art space in the VCA Courtyard.
- Scarecrow Making – Fed Square Pop Up Patch at Federation Square (Sun 8 Feb) – Bring the kids to Fed Square’s rooftop veggie garden, Pop Up Patch, and help them make their very own scarecrow to take home.
- NGV Summer Sundays (Sun 8 Feb) – enjoy free entertainment in the Sculpture Garden every Sunday in February.
- Printing with Nature at ArtPlay (Wed 11 Feb) – Look in wonder at the fine patterns that are revealed with coloured paints as you make your own prints to take home.
- Caring and Sharing for the Earth at ArtPlay (Wed 11 Feb-Sat 21 Feb) – This exhibition presents children’s artworks and narratives created in response to the issue of environmental care and sustainability.
- The River is Flowing at ArtPlay (Thu 12 Feb) – Create a Yarra environment using paint and collage in earthy foliage colours and a three-dimensional scene from clay and natural materials.
- Golden Mirror Carousel at NGV International (Fri 10 Oct – Mar 2015) the spectacular life-size Golden Mirror Carousel offers visitors to Federation Court a powerfully different physical and mental encounter than its traditional fairground counterpart. READ THE REVIEW.
- Romance was Born Kids Project at NGV International (Fri 17 Oct – Sun 22 Mar) – This contemporary project for kids provides the ideal platform for designers Luke Sales and Anna Plunkett to share their whimsical and compelling vision with visitors of all ages. READ THE REVIEW.
- Emily Floyd: The Dawn for Kids at Ian Potter Centre: NGV Australia (Fri 21 Nov 2014 – Sun 1 Mar 2015) – In ‘The Dawn for Kids’, Emily Floyd invites visitors to experience two interactive spaces that encourage creativity using letters and words. READ THE REVIEW.
- Disney Fairies Trail at Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne (Sun 30 Nov 2014 – Sat 28 Feb 2015) – During summer you can experience the Gardens like never before. Download the app and start looking for Disney Fairies hidden in the Gardens!
- ArtPlay Backyard at ArtPlay (Wed 14 Jan 2015 – Sun 22 Feb 2015) – Come and play in the ArtPlay Backyard.
NORTH / NORTH-EAST
- Slavic Pancake Festival at Royal Exhibition Building (Sat 7 Feb) – Melbourne’s largest annual Slavic festival, Enjoy a special feast of Russian, Serbian, Polish, Czech, Macedonian and Bulgarian food and dance, with performances, activities, an expo, and a great variety of Slavic beers!
- My Little Pony at Hoyts Jnr Northlands and Greensborough (Sat 7 Feb – Sun 8 Feb) – Twilight is busy adjusting to her new wings and her new role as a princess! Just then before the Summer Sun Celebration, Princess Celestia and Luna go missing.
- Fairfield Amphitheatre Summer Concert Series (Sun 8 Feb) – exotic sounds, amazing circus and cultural dance from around the globe.
- Chinese New Year in Moreland (Wed 11 Feb 2015) – Enjoy a performance of Chinese cultural dancing by the Jasmine Dance Group with members from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Vietnam and Indonesia. Browse and borrow new Chinese books, DVDs and CDs and enjoy light refreshments.
- International Book Giving Day Storytime at Little Bookroom Carlton (Thu 12 Feb) – story reading and colouring in.
SOUTH / SOUTH-EAST / BAYSIDE
- My Little Pony at Hoyts Jnr Frankston (Sat 7 Feb – Sun 8 Feb) – Twilight is busy adjusting to her new wings and her new role as a princess! Just then before the Summer Sun Celebration, Princess Celestia and Luna go missing.
- St Kilda Festival Festival Sunday (Sun 8 Feb) – Catani Gardens will have a Kidzone with music, dancing and activities especially for kids.
- Summer Sessions at Ripponlea (Sun 8 Feb) – relax with music, old-fashioned games and a picnic in the picturesque surrounds of Rippon Lea Estate.
- My Little Pony at Hoyts Jnr Eastland and Victoria Gardens (Sat 7 Feb – Sun 8 Feb) – Twilight is busy adjusting to her new wings and her new role as a princess! Just then before the Summer Sun Celebration, Princess Celestia and Luna go missing.
- Rhythm of Africa at Werribee Zoo (Sat 7 Feb) – contemporary and traditional African music, African inspired food and drinks, free drumming workshops.
- Cirque de Soleil Costume exhibition at Highpoint (Sat 7 Feb – Sun 8 Feb) – Get up-close to the stunning costumes from TOTEM by Cirque du Soleil. Get your face painted with a beautiful Cirque du Soleil inspired design.
- My Little Pony at Hoyts Jnr Highpoint and Watergardens (Sat 7 Feb – Sun 8 Feb) – Twilight is busy adjusting to her new wings and her new role as a princess! Just then before the Summer Sun Celebration, Princess Celestia and Luna go missing.
- East Meets West Lunar Festival in Footscray (Sun 8 Feb). Food stalls, games and rides will fill the street.
- Teddy Bear’s Picnic at Maribyrnong Libraries (Mon 9 Feb – Fri 13 Feb) – Bring along your favourite teddy or soft toy. Teddy bear stories, simple craft activity and teddy bear biscuits.
- Pacific Kids craft activities at Werribee Plaza (Tue 10 Feb) – every Tuesday in February there will be free craft activities and special surprises.
- Hippo Beach Party at Werribee Zoo (Tue 10 Feb) – exclusive member party with kids DJ playing happy hippo tunes, plenty of games and craft, amazing bubble displays, plus sandy areas, water play and shade zones. READ THE REVIEW.
- Beside the Seaside storytime at Logan Reserve Altona – stories, songs and craft activities beside the sea.
- Totem by Cirque de Soleil at Flemington (Wed 21 Jan 2015-Thurs 15 Mar 2015) – Featuring a cast of 45 acrobats, actors, musicians and singers, TOTEM is an uplifting array of athleticism, comedy, hear felt emotions and surprising visual effects.