Updated October 2016
Inside the Brick is a Lego play centre in Fairfield which is available for parties, here mothers groups and workshops. When our little Lego fans walk into the (gated) Maker Space they lose their minds!
There are super-sized foam Lego bricks for building cubby houses and vehicles, buckets of Duplo, a low table for little builders and standard height tables with normal Lego pieces for older kids.
To inspire creative building there’s a Lego city which everyone can contribute to and around the wall is a gallery of intricate Lego constructions and vintage building sets.
Rob Deakin, expert Lego builder, is the founder of Inside the Brick and started the social enterprise to promote the benefits of construction play for cognitive and social development, particularly for kids impacted by autism.
As well as operating the bookable space Inside the Brick run regular Lego kids clubs for different ages and interests, adult workshops for advanced brick building, hold Lego parties and organise large Lego expos which are always worth visiting. There is also a Lego gift shop at the entrance. The commercial operations and expos help fund their work with construction play groups.
The Maker Space is available for only $50 per hour which allows you to bring up 8 children. The space can also accommodate much larger groups.
- $50 per hour for booking Maker studio for max of 8 children;
- Takeaway coffee is permitted for Adults;
- No other food, snacks or drinks are allowed;
- space is available for use between the hours of Monday to Friday 9.00am and 5.00pm;
- Bookings of a recurring nature are available;
- Kinder & After School Parties = $18 per child – minimum of 8 kids. Total cost for this type of party is $144. Additional Kids $18. Single host only.
- Saturday Party = $20 per child – minimum of 12 kids. Total cost for this type of party is $240. Additional Kids $18. Two hosts provided.
- Parties are self-catered.