The Christmas countdown is seriously on now. Run, don’t walk! Have a great time exploring with your family. (Photo from our visit to the Gingerbread Village by Epicure.)
- Jubilation at Docklands (Fri 12 Dec – Sun 14 Dec) – Festival of lights, community, food and entertainment to show gratitude for the CFA.
- CROWN’S CHRISTMAS FANTASTIC at Crown Melbourne (Fri 12 Dec – Wed 24 Dec) – Christmas Fantastic is a light, sound and 3D projection show running on 15 minute rotations from 10am to Midnight 7 Days a week.
- The Wiggles at Rod Laver Arena (13 Dec) – need we say more?
- Crafternoons at Federation Square (Sat 13 Dec – Sun 14 Dec) – Spend then afternoon getting crafty with artist, Zoe Stuart and make your bauble that you can fill with your Christmas wishes.
- Live Illustrations at Federation Square (Sat 13 Dec – Sun 14 Dec) – See illustration artist Jeffrey Phillips transform you and your friends into playful sketches that you can take home.
- Christmas Melodies at Arts Centre Melbourne (Mon 15 Dec) – Christmas just wouldn’t be the same without the joy and festivities of our Morning Melodies Christmas Concert. There will be some glorious carols, a moment to reflect and celebrate the gifts of another year and plenty of opportunities for a good hearty sing-a-long.
- Thursday Christmas Market (Thu 18 Dec) – Each Thursday, L Shed will play host to specialist Christmas traders providing a huge range of festive wares.
- Santa in Christmas Square (Sat 29 Nov – Wed 24 Dec) – meet Santa at City Square (renamed Christmas Square during December) and tell him all your Christmas wishes.
- Christmas Square in City Square (Sat 29 Nov – Thu 25 Dec) – nutcracker soldiers, interactive candy canes, Christmas buskers, free photos with Santa, daily sound and light shows.
- Spirit of the Square at Federation Square (Mon 1 Dec – Wed 25 Dec) – Sibling transforms The Square with Whiteout, an installation of large, snow-white spheres that will pop up throughout The Square. Plus daily program of free events.
- Gingerbread Village at Melbourne Town Hall (Mon 1 Dec – Tue 24 Dec) – see some recognisable landmarks, including the Melbourne Town Hall, Melbourne Cricket Ground, Luna Park and a zoo, all connected by the Christmas train. READ THE REVIEW.
- Santa’s Christmas Spectacular at Wonderland Fun Park (Sat 15 Nov – Tue 24 Dec) – daily snow falls, talking tree and Santa’s Mailbox to post those special letters. Also Santa’s Circus Spectacular Show.
- Emily Floyd: The Dawn at NGV Australia (Fri 21 Nov – Sun 1 Mar) – new free kid-friendly exhibition of Melbourne artist Emily Floyd. READ THE REVIEW.
- Carsten Holler’s Golden Mirror Carousel at Arts Centre Melbourne (Fri 10 Oct – Sun 1 Mar) – the spectacular life-size Golden Mirror Carousel offers visitors to Federation Court a powerfully different physical and mental encounter than its traditional fairground counterpart. READ THE REVIEW.
- Express Yourself: Romance was Born For Kids at NGV International (Fri 17 Oct – Sun 22 Mar) – This contemporary project for kids provides the ideal platform for designers Luke Sales and Anna Plunkett to share their whimsical and compelling vision with visitors of all ages. READ THE REVIEW.
SOUTH / SOUTH-EAST / BAYSIDE
- Twilight Christmas Festival Rippon Lea (Fri 12 Dec) – Local school choirs and bands will perform Christmas carols, families will have the opportunity to purchase food from various vendors, bring their own picnic and sit in the gardens.
- Santa @ Prahran Market (Sat 13 Dec – Sun 14 Dec) – Santa will visit Prahran Market this year handing out treats
- Santa’s Magical Kingdom at Caulfield Racecourse (Sat 15 Nov – Tue 23 Dec) – magical Christmas walk-through wonderland, Snow Castle and Activity Land, Christmas craft area, Ferris Wheel, Santa’s Sleigh Ride and Australia’s largest super slide. READ THE REVIEW.
- Belgrave Big Dreams Market (Sun 14 Dec) – discover original and bespoke design pieces, some of the yummiest and freshest produce the area has to offer, live music, bouncy castle and facepainting for the kids.
- Santa’s Magical Wonderland at Westfield Eastland (Sat 8 Nov – Wed 24 Dec) – Enjoy an enchanting Christmas at Eastland and visit Santa’s Magical Wonderland at Centre Court, Level 1. Hail the festive season with a range of activites including story telling and craft activities.
- Summertime storytimes at Williamstown Botanic Gardens (Fri 12 Dec) – Join us for songs, stories and craft activities in the beautiful surrounds of Hobsons Bay.
- Team Adrenalin End of Year display (Sat 13 Dec) – performances, sausage sizzle, cake stall, raffles and a silent auction.
- Melbourne Renegades T20 cricket at Footscray (Sun 14 Dec) – Official practice match and Family Day.
- Carols by Candlelight Newport (Sun 14 Dec) – Join Newport Fiddle Folk Club with Carols being held at The Substation, Market Street Newport from 7.30pm – 9pm. Entry Gold Coin. Seating provided.
- Carols by Candlelight Altona (Sun 14 Dec) – Being held at Logan Reserve Pier Street Altona from 7.15 pm. Bring a chair, picnic rug. Candles and programs for sale.Carols will move to St Mary’s Catholic Church in the event of inclement weather.
- Maribyrnong Makers Market (Thu 18 Dec) – showcases the beautiful and high quality work of crafts people and artists and welcoming visitors to discover the hidden ‘Jewels of the West’.