This product talk is brought to you by Nuffnang and dish’d
You know, I’d love to be more organised with feeding my family. In an ideal world I’d have a meal plan for the next year and bulk shop and batch-cook freezer meals and never buy takeaway.
I’m tired, I’m overwhelmed by chores, admin and work and I often have to manage two kids solo as T travels frequently for work. Mealtimes often end up being a last minute scramble.
Which is why I was excited to try dish’d, a new food service that brings a more gourmet offering to frozen meals. The meals have been designed by Melbourne chef Jacques Reymond and are made with high quality ingredients, plus they provide the convenience of online shopping and next day delivery to metro NSW and VIC. They have also opened a physical store in Prahran.
My first impression of dish’d was the impressive array of meals from world cuisines and we tried sides to complete meals to canapes to desserts. All their meals are frozen to retain their nutritional value and flavours. We used dish’d to supplement our Christmas party catering and as family meals when things got super busy.
– All the desserts! High quality ingredients and impressive presentation.
– Chimichurri rice. Spicy, fluffy rice which I actually ate for breakfast as a meal! You would normally serve it as a side dish with a protein.
– Squid en papillote. There are a range of complete meals which are microwave steamed en papillote so as to retain the moisture and flavour of the seafood. The fish dishes are ok but the standout is the squid papillote – bursting with Mediterranean flavours with surprisingly tender squid rings.
– Meatballs. I tried them plain and found them flavoursome and springy. I then doused them in some passata, added some farfalle and fresh parmesan and voila! A family meal that everyone loved.
– The pizza. The flavours were fresh and lively, but the stiff base was disappointing.
– Pearl couscous salad. The texture and presentation were great but I found the flavouring much too sweet.
I would definitely stock my freezer with dish’d again, especially for emergency meals and when I was having guests. The process is easy-peasy – you just select the dishes, choose a timeslot for delivery (you don’t even have to be home), pay and checkout.
They currently have an introductory offer of $30 free plus free delivery (when you spend $50) on your first order so now’s the time to try it out.
To win just answer the question: What would you spend your $50 dish’d voucher on?
The competition closes on Thursday 18 December midnight and is for metro NSW and VIC residents only. The winner will be the best comment as chosen by me and will be notified via email Friday 19 December. Good luck!