It’s the last week of November and then full steam ahead for Christmas preparations! Lots of fun pre-Christmas and non-Christmas events happening this week. (Photo from our visit to Santa’s Magical Kingdom)
- PlayFest at Sidney Myer Music Bowl (Fri 21 nov – Sat 22 Nov) – Melbourne’s newest family music and arts festival.
- The Roller Jam for Kids at 1000 £ Bend (Fri 21 Nov – Sat 22 Nov) – Foreign Brothers present a selection of local live acts to keep the kids (and big kids) rolling around the rink.
- Emily Floyd Opening Weekend at NGV Australia (Sat 22 Nov – Sun 23 Nov) – activities and workshops to celebrate the new kid-friendly exhibition.
- Paddington High Tea at Langham Melbourne (Sun 23 Nov) – celebrate the new film with Paddington themed treats and activities. READ THE REVIEW.
- Kids Party featuring Lewis Cancut at Queen Vic Market (Sun 23 Nov) – Cancut’s carnival spirit and layers of bass are guaranteed to get everyone up and dancing, while games, bubble-blowing, face painting and drawing are sure to keep kids smiling throughout the afternoon.
- Thessaloniki Association 30 year sister celebration (Sun 23 Nov) – Performances and food at Federation Square.
- MASSIVE Hip-Hop Choir Performance at ArtPlay (Sun 23 Nov) – MASSIVE perform their signature style – a blend of old skool hip-hop, gospel, traditional cultural tunes and protest music.
- The Tiger Who Came to Tea storytime at City Library and Southbank Library (Tue 25 Nov – Thu 27 Nov) – Celebrate the stage production of The Tiger Who Came to Tea with reading and crafts.
- Carsten Holler’s Golden Mirror Carousel at Arts Centre Melbourne (Fri 10 Oct – Sun 1 Mar) – the spectacular life-size Golden Mirror Carousel offers visitors to Federation Court a powerfully different physical and mental encounter than its traditional fairground counterpart. READ THE REVIEW.
- Express Yourself: Romance was Born For Kids at NGV International (Fri 17 Oct – Sun 22 Mar) – This contemporary project for kids provides the ideal platform for designers Luke Sales and Anna Plunkett to share their whimsical and compelling vision with visitors of all ages. READ THE REVIEW.
- Grasslands at State Library of Victoria (Sat 11 Oct – Sun 23 Nov) – Melbourne artist Linda Tegg is transforming the front steps and forecourt of the State Library into a re-creation of that lushly planted landscape.
- Twilight Market at Brunswick East Primary School (Fri 21 Nov) – Enjoy a summer cocktail, or a coffee from Padre, sample the gourmet delights from BEPS chefs and CERES, take home a treat or a gift, all made with love by the BEPS Bakers and Makers.
- Le Petit Circus at Bally on High Northcote (Fri 21 Nov – Thu 27 Nov) Amazing acrobatics, and stacks of silliness, perfect for children aged 3+, and the young at heart.
- The Very Circusy Caterpillar at Bally on High Northcote (Sat 22 Nov) – green-clad acrobat who can juggle plums, hula-hoop with fruit and tell giggle-inducing stories.
- Clifton Hill Primary School Fair (Sat 22 Nov) – carnival games, rides and live entertainment including local covers band Bin Night Romeos, face painting, photo booth, a wine raffle and a huge silent auction.
- Island of Lemurs: Madagascar (2D) with Culture Mamas at IMAX Melbourne (Sat 22 Nov) – Culture Mamas invites the whole family to join us on a spectacular journey to Madagascar to discover the incredible true story of nature’s greatest explorers—the lemurs.
- Sisters’ Market Brunswick (Sat 22 Nov) – art, craft, design market.
- Dora the Explorer at Hoyts Jnr Northlands and Greenborough (Sat 22 Nov – Sun 23 Nov) – Dora and Boots enter a looking glass world filled with fantastic creatures and exciting places so they can save their kitties who are headed to the tea party with the cranky Queen of Hearts.
- The Fruits of Life Strawberry Sundae Festival (Sun 23 Nov) – food, entertainment, face painting and jumping castles.
- Tiger Tea Time at Three Little Seeds (Wed 26 Nov) – special storytime event to celebrate The Tiger Who Came to Tea. READ THE REVIEW.
- Anna Walker storytime at The Little Bookroom (Thu 27 Nov) – story reading, colouring, book signing. READ THE REVIEW.
SOUTH / SOUTH-EAST / BAYSIDE
- Santa’s Magical Kingdom at Caulfield Racecourse (Sat 15 Nov – Tue 23 Dec) – magical Christmas walk-through wonderland, Snow Castle and Activity Land, Christmas craft area, Ferris Wheel, Santa’s Sleigh Ride and Australia’s largest super slide. READ THE REVIEW.
- Paris to Provence at Como House (Fri 21 Nov – Sun 23 Nov) – French market and kids activities READ THE REVIEW.
- Twilight Market at Ormond Primary School (Fri 21 Nov) – Combining the best of a school fete, craft market, and community event.
- Cheltenham Christmas Market (Sat 22 Nov) – Annual Cheltenham Market with over 50 stalls.
- Very Special Kids Fair in Malvern (Sat 22 Nov) – homemade cakes and preserves, fresh flowers and plants, quality toys and baby goods, as well as craft and home wares.
- Little Tackerz Market in Port Melbourne (Sun 23 Nov) – Pre-loved and new items for kids 0-6 years.
- Cream of the Crop (Sun 23 Nov) – Unlimited samples of cheese, ice-cream, yogurt, butter and other goodies on offer, as well as entry into dairy master classes throughout the day.
- Critters For Kids at Rippon Lea (Sun 23 Nov) – Bring your kids to Rippon Lea for a critter experience with a difference.
- Matilda’s Market at Caulfield Racecourse (Sun 23 Nov) – The stallholders at Mathilda’s Market may be crafters, artists, designers, dressmakers, Mums, Dads … but what they all have in common is that they’re friendly, fun and enthusiastic makers of lovely items for babies and kids.
- Baby & Kids Market at Malvern Town Hall (Sun 23 Nov) – The biggest range of preloved baby & kids goods under one roof.
- The Tiger Who Came to Tea storytime at Hampton Library and Beaumaris Library (Mon 24 Nov) – Celebrate the stage production of The Tiger Who Came to Tea with reading and crafts.
- The Tiger Who Came to Tea storytime at Brighton Library and Sandringham Library (Tue 25 Nov – Thu 27 Nov) – Celebrate the stage production of The Tiger Who Came to Tea with reading and crafts.
- Tiger Tea Time at Apples and Jam (Wed 26 Nov) – FREE high tea themed storytime event at Apples & Jam. With a reading, colouring, crafts. READ THE REVIEW.
- McClelland Sculpture Park Tour and Family Picnic with Culture Mamas (Thu 27 Nov) – Culture Mamas are packing our prams in the boot and heading out to the McClelland Gallery and Sculpture Park in Langwarrin for a child-friendly guided tour of their stunning outdoor site.
- Christmas in Port Melbourne (Thu 27 Nov) – event launches Port Melbourne’s decorative Christmas windows, which are themed to the Twelve Days of Christmas.
- Santa’s Magical Wonderland at Westfield Eastland (Sat 8 Nov – Wed 24 Dec) – Enjoy an enchanting Christmas at Eastland and visit Santa’s Magical Wonderland at Centre Court, Level 1. Hail the festive season with a range of activites including story telling and craft activities.
- Meet Barbie at Target Westfield Doncaster (Sat 22 Nov) – meet and greet with Barbie.
- Mother of God Village Fete at East Ivanhoe (Sat 22 Nov) – Homemade Cakes, Jams & Preserves, Gourmet Food, BBQ, Drinks, Rides –Racing Cars, Giant Slide, Trampolines, Custom Car Spectacular, Local Arts & Craft, Animal Farm, Sideshow Alley, Major Auctions, Prizes & Giveaways , Entertainment all day, Books. Free Entry.
- Dora the Explorer at Hoyts Jnr Eastland and Victoria Gardens (Sat 22 Nov – Sun 23 Nov) – Dora and Boots enter a looking glass world filled with fantastic creatures and exciting places so they can save their kitties who are headed to the tea party with the cranky Queen of Hearts.
- The Tiger Who Came to Tea storytime at East Melbourne Library (Wed 26 Nov) – Celebrate the stage production of The Tiger Who Came to Tea with reading and crafts. READ THE REVIEW.
- Maribyrnong Makers Market (Sat 22 Nov) – Showcases the beautiful and high quality work of crafts people and artists and welcoming visitors to discover the hidden ‘Jewels of the West’. READ THE REVIEW.
- Dora the Explorer at Hoyts Jnr Highpoint and Watergardens (Sat 22 Nov – Sun 23 Nov) – Dora and Boots enter a looking glass world filled with fantastic creatures and exciting places so they can save their kitties who are headed to the tea party with the cranky Queen of Hearts.
- Moonee Valley Toy Library Family Day (Sat 22 Nov) – opening new Avondale Heights branch with jumping castle, face painting, balloon animals and more.
- Macedonian Festival in Williamstown (Sun 23 Nov) – Take a walk on the pier, feast on traditional Macedonian food and join in the traditional dancing. The kids will also be able to enjoy carnival rides, an animal farm and more.
- Bundles of Joy Market in Essendon (Sun 23 Nov) – quality pre-loved baby and kids clothes.
- Chevron Market at Werribee (Sun 23 Nov) – Plaster fun, face painting, balloon artist, photo booth, animal farm and Santa
- Reuse It Baby! Market at Newport Substation (Sun 23 Nov) – Bubs, kids & mums second hand, recycled & new gear. Sausage sizzle, community fundraising cake stall plus Jeremy’s spiffy coffee cart.
- St Therese’s School Fete Essendon (Sun 23 Nov) – Carnival Rides, Live Band ‘Recall’, Spinning Wheel, Market Hall. Talent Show.
- Laverton Festival (Sun 23 Nov) – free children’s activities, $10 ride all day package, stalls and food vendors.
- Storytime in Queen’s Park Moonee Ponds (Mon 24 Nov) – Join us in Queens Park for a wild storytime adventure of songs, stories and rhymes. Bring a picnic for lunch afterwards.