This week is the last weekend for Children’s Week events plus many other fun adventures to be had! (Photo from Express Yourself: Romance was Born For Kids at NGV International ).
CBD / DOCKLANDS
- Carsten Holler’s Golden Mirror Carousel at Arts Centre Melbourne (Fri 10 Oct – Sun 1 Mar) – the spectacular life-size Golden Mirror Carousel offers visitors to Federation Court a powerfully different physical and mental encounter than its traditional fairground counterpart. READ THE REVIEW
- Express Yourself: Romance was Born For Kids at NGV International (Fri 17 Oct – Sun 22 Mar) – This contemporary project for kids provides the ideal platform for designers Luke Sales and Anna Plunkett to share their whimsical and compelling vision with visitors of all ages. READ THE REVIEW.
- Grasslands at State Library of Victoria (Sat 11 Oct – Sun 23 Nov) – Melbourne artist Linda Tegg is transforming the front steps and forecourt of the State Library into a re-creation of that lushly planted landscape.
- Children’s Week Workshops at State Library of Victoria (Sat 18 Oct – Sat 25 Oct) – discover what is important about where you live in our free creative arts workshops for children aged five to eight, and nine to 12.
- Kids Commission by Keith Wong at The Front Docklands (Sat 18 Oct – Sat 8 Nov) – interactive work involving milk dripping from the ceiling that will have you wondering if the gallery has sprung a leak!
- Pregnancy Babies and Children’s Expo at Melbourne Convention Centre (Fri 24 Oct – Sun 26 Oct) – huge expo of stalls, information, family entertainment.
- Little Dog and the Christmas Wish book launch at Block Arcade (Sat 25 Oct) – meet author Corinne Fenton.
- The Ian Potter Foundation Children’s Garden 10th Birthday (Sat 25 Oct) – Join the fun as the Royal Botanic Gardens celebrate the 10th birthday and re-opening of the beloved Ian Potter Foundation Children’s Garden.
- Children’s Week in Banyule (Sat 18 Oct – Sun 26 Oct) One Hundred Faces is a project which reflects this year’s Children’s Week theme “the right to speak and be heard” and involves 100 local primary school children.
- Bum Magic Storytime at The Little Bookroom Carlton (Thu 30 Oct) – meet author and book reading.
SOUTH / SOUTH-EAST / BAYSIDE
- Children’s Week in Stonnington (18 Oct – 26 Oct) – annual event providing the children with an opportunity to highlight and develop their knowledge of their community by creating a collection of digital images.
- Children’s Week in Kingston (Sat 18 Oct – Sun 26 Oct) – 11 community groups and not for profit organisations to are delivering events.
- Caring for the environment at Harleston Park (Fri 24 Oct) – Learn more about living sustainably in Glen Eira with a recycling display, seed planting demonstrations and an exciting scavenger hunt throughout the park.
- Day out with Thomas (Sat 25 Oct – Sun 26 Oct) – See Thomas in full steam at Puffing Billy’s station; entertainment for the entire family.
- Children’s day at Carnegie Library (Sat 25 Oct) – mobile petting farm, balloon artists, stilt walkers, an art show, craft activities and a sing-a-long with Miles of Smiles.
- MikMaks at Carnegie Library (Sun 26 Oct) – The MikMaks are one of Australia’s most popular children’s entertainment groups and will be playing at the Carnegie Library as part of Council’s Springtime Music Festival.
- Ben & Holly Meet and Greet at Eastland (Sat 25 Oct) – The Kingdom’s favourite elf and fairy princess are bringing their magic to Centre Stage. Plus, keep an eye out for loads of giveaways on the day as part of our THANK YOU day!
- Toys R Us Family Fun Day Fountaingate (Sat 25 Oct) – win prizes, facepainting.
- Summertime storytimes at Williamstown Botanic Gardens(Fri 24 Oct) – Join us for songs, stories and craft activities in the beautiful surrounds of Hobsons Bay.
- West Footscray Neighbourhood House Community Market(Sat 25 Oct) – part of the Garage Sale Trail. REcycled and upcycled wares, home made crafts, local produce, sausage sizzle, cake stall.
- Melbourne Cheeky Monkey Market at Seaworks Williamstown (Sat 25 Oct) – new items & Unique Handmade pieces. (occasionally Pre-loved Children’s Items) with animal farm, face painting, reptile encounters and children’s entertainment.
- Reuse It Baby! Market at Newport Substation (Sun 26 Oct) – Bubs, kids & mums second hand, recycled & new gear. Sausage sizzle, community fundraising cake stall plus Jeremy’s spiffy coffee cart
- Children’s Week Picnic at Werribee Park(Sun 26 Oct) – Children of all ages will be entertained with an array of fun and unique activities that aim to inspire, expand imaginations, excite discovery and encourage physical movement in a fun and interactive way! So gather your family and friends pack your picnic baskets and enjoy the exciting line up of entertainment in the lush green lawns and stunning surrounds of the historic Mansion.
- Angliss Children’s Centre Family Fun Day(Sun 26 Oct) – free kids workshops, sausage sizzle, cake stall.
- Moonee Ponds Primary School Spring Fête 2014 (Sun 26 Oct) – plants, craft, raffle, kids activities.
- Kids Day Out Brimbank (Sun 26 Oct) – The Kazoos, The Mik Maks and The Mudcakes as well as amusement rides and roving entertainers