CBD / Docklands
- Father’s Day Bedtime Storytime at Library at The Dock (Fri 5 Sep) – Come along to a special Father’s Day bedtime storytime at Library at The Dock.
- The Makers Hub at Queen Victoria Market (Sat 6 Sep – Sun 7 Sep) – The Makers Hub offers a creative space for workshops, demonstrations and interactive sessions during the Market Week. Try your hand at drumming workshops, book binding, beer making and kids and adult craft activities.
- Mooncake Festival at Queen Victoria Market (Sun 7 Sep) – Queen Street will come alive with a stunning display of lanterns, martial arts, dance and Chinese stalls at the annual Mooncake Festival. Enjoy free entertainment, authentic cuisines and activities for the whole family.
- Vietnamese Children’s Lantern Festival at Federation Square (Sun 7 Sep) – Celebrate the full moon with a lantern parade, lantern making, story telling and dancing.
- Pirate Day at Polly Woodside (Sun 7 Sep) – Dress as a pirate and help search for hidden treasure, play tug of war and have your face painted!
- Father’s Day Breakfast at Melbourne Aquarium (Sun 7 Sep) – Kick-start Father’s Day with a dad-sized sit-down breakfast including delicious seasonal gourmet delights and Belgian waffles for the kids. Art and craft activities for the little ones.READ THE REVIEW.
- Father’s Day on the Melbourne Star (Sun 7 Sep) – Buy one full priced single admission adult or child ticket, or purchase a family ticket combination and Dad receives his flight for free.
- Father’s Day at Southgate (Sun 7 Sep) – special offers at The Deck, La Camera, Waterfront, Hophaus, BearBrass, Bluetrain, Miyako, Red Emperor, PJ O’Briens, Tutto Bene and Artusi.
- Father’s Day at The Langham (Sun 7 Sep) – The popular Melba buffet, which already offers dad’s favourites including succulent roasts and seafood platters, will be adding an irresistible selection of dishes that are sure to be popular with fathers.
- Father’s Day at Campari House (Sun 7 Sep) – Full a la carte menu available for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Laneway Dining Room. Complimentary schooner of James Boag’s for Dad. Kids menu and colouring packs.
- Father’s Day dining at Crown (Sun 7 Sep) special offers at Koko, Silks, No. 8 by John Lawson, Conservatory, Mesh and Kitchen Workshop.
- Father’s Day at New Shanghai (Sun 7 Sep) – All dads that dine with their family at one of our restaurants on Sunday September 7 will receive one complimentary glass of drink from our beverage menu
- Father’s Day at The Duke (Sun 7 Sep) – offering all dads any main meal and beer for $25
- Nursery Artplay (Wed 10 Sep – Sat 13 Sep) – Enter the Nursery, a safe and special play space where delight is devised moment by moment and where babies and performers connect.
- Northern Regards at Northcote Town Hall (Sat 5 Sep) – Artisan market featuring handmade sustainable wares.
- Father’s Day at The Provincial Fitzroy (Sun 7 Sep) – a free pint of Boags for your dad with any main meal purchase and kids eat free.
- Family Day at Collingwood Children’s Farm (Sun 7 Sep) – enjoy Pony Rides , Tractor rides , Guinea Pig cuddles and an affordable BBQ with dad on Father’s Day.READ THE REVIEW.
- The Little Runway at the Meat Market (Wed 10 Sep) – The Little Runway, presented by Kids Fashion Week Ltd, will be casting the spotlight on kids’ fashion.
- Island of Lemurs: Madagascar 3D at IMAX Melbourne Museum (Tue 11 Sep – Thu 11 Dec) – Island of Lemurs: Madagascar 3D takes you on a spectacular journey to the remote and wondrous world of Madagascar to meet the lemur.
SOUTH / SOUTH-EAST / BAYSIDE
- Dads’ Super Saturday at Hampton St (Sat 6 Sep) – bumper to bumper with classic and exotic cars in a festival of all things fast. Face painting, balloons, food, music and entertainment.
- World Fiesta at Prahran Market (Sat 6 Sep) – Masterclass and tasting with David Zhou from the Oriental Teahouse and David’s, 11am-1pm. Roving entertainers and live music, cance workshops and performances, Flavours of the World Tasting tables, facepainting and free Little Chef Kids’ Activity between 11am and 1.30pm.
- Storytime with Tai Snaith at Readings St Kilda (Sat 6 Sep) – Tai Snaith will read from Sticks & Stones, Animal Homes.
- Father’s Day at Luna Park (Sun 7 Sep) – Free sausage sizzle and free rides for dad when accompanied by one full paying child.
- The Mornington Railway Father’s Day Special (Sun 7 Sep) – Dad will enjoy lots of special treats throughout the day. Each dad will receive a free sausage from the BBQ.
- Father’s Day at Veludo St Kilda (Sun 7 Sep) – Book a table for lunch or dinner and get a free Boag’s for Dad.
- Father’s Day at Imperial South Yarra (Sun 7 Sep) – enjoy $6 schooners of Boags all day plus a $15 220g Rump steak special with your choice of sides.
- Father’s Day at Limerick Arms Hotel (Sun 7 Sep) – free Parma or beef burger for dad when ordered with at least three other paid meals on one table.
- The Exchange Port Melbourne (Sun 7 Sep) – All Dads will receive a complimentary pint of craft beer along with $19 Sunday Roasts available all day.
- Young at Art at Mornington Peninsula Art Gallery (Tue 9 Sep) – program for 0-5 year olds. Sing, dance, clap and stomp your feet with Matteo! Do an exciting activity with the Education Coordinator afterwards.
- Tesselaar Tulip Festival (Thu 11 September – Tue 7 October) – Visit the tulip farm and enjoy the tulip-themed activities. READ THE REVIEW.
- Silvers Circus at Burvale Hotel (Wed 20 August to Sun 14 Sept) – 2 hour show features the new Wheel of Steel, the Phoenix Riders riding the ‘The Globe of Death’ on their motorbikes, amazing hula hooping skills and an electrifying High Wire Act.
- Collingwood Children’s Farm Family Day (Sun 7 Sep) – Pony Rides, Tractor rides, Guinea Pig cuddles, Cow milking and BBQ lunch.
- Father’s Day Rock Climb at Heide Museum of Modern Art (Sun 7 Sep) – Take on our rock climbing challenge under the guidance of outdoor specialist Anaconda. Build a tower or your own complex structure using PLANKS with Green Hat Workshop. Make a collage or play Heide Detective and discover the clues in the exhibition ‘Gunter Christmann: Now and Then’. Every completed trail wins a lucky dip prize! Treat dad to FREE museum admission.READ THE REVIEW.
- Father’s Day BBQ Brunch at Riversdale Park (Sun 7 Sep) – Free kids activities and fun for the whole family to celebrate fatherhood and family diversity.
- Father’s Day Breakfast and Lunch Buffet at SkyHigh (Sun 7 Sep) Treat your Dad on that one special day with a divine breakfast or lunch overlooking Melbourne City, Port Philip Bay, the Yarra Valley and beyond.
- Father’s Day at The Hawthorn Hotel (Sun 7 Sep) – Book a table for lunch or dinner and get a free Boag’s for Dad.
- Sunshine Lantern Festival (Sat 6 Sep) – Roving street performers, entertainment, children’s rides, jumping castles, market stalls, street food, face-painting, lantern making, buskers and more.
- Chinese Cultural Performance + New Books and DVDs Afternoon Tea at Footscray Library (Sat 6 Sep) – Experience a taste of Chinese culture, with a dance performance at the library. Colourful costumes and traditional dance for all ages to enjoy. Join us for a cup of tea and moon cakes.
- Rescue: Live at Scienceworks (Sat 6 Sep – Sun 7 Sep) – Every weekend until 14 Sept meet those who keep Victorians safe, including firefighters, coast guard and search dogs.
- Cocktails and Canvas Father’s Day Event (Sun 7 Sep) – Kids can bring their Father, Uncle or Grandpa for FREE! Dessert and a beverage are included. Each painter will take home their masterpiece at the end of the event.