Get busy during these frosty days with fun events for the whole family! Photo from our visit to Yarra Valley Chocolaterie’s Hot Chocolate Festival.
CBD / DOCKLANDS
- National Bookshop Day at Dymocks Melbourne (Sat 9 Aug) – Meet your favourite book and comic characters with cosplayers from The Melbourne Costume Group, enjoy a visit from Spot the dog and Peter Rabbit, all day craft session, readings, poems and performances.
- National Bookshop Day at The Little Bookroom City (Sat 9 Aug) – facepainting, balloons and books!
- Bumblebee Baby & Childrens Market at Queen Victoria Market (Sun 10 Aug) – Bumblebee Market is the place to buy and sell new, preloved and handmade baby & childrens goods.
- Art Classes: Little Art Lovers – I Can Do at NGV International (Wed 13 Aug) – Discover the Gallery and join in hands-on fun, there is something new in every session. Suitable for ages 3-5, bookings essential.
- Book launch for Hasel and Rose at The Little Bookroom Carlton (Sat 9 Aug) – Part of National Bookshop Day 2014.
- National Bookshop Day at Readings Carlton (Sat 9 Aug) – Damon Young will read from his bestselling picture book My Nanna Is A Ninja. At midday authors Damon Young and Emily Gale will read Julia Donaldson’s The Gruffalo, accompanied by a very large cuddly Gruffalo and a very wise Mouse.
- National Bookshop Day at Fairfield Books (Sat 9 Aug) – author visits, storytime, cupcakes!
- Farmers Market at the Collingwood Children’s Farm (Sat 9 Aug) – Shop local and seasonal produce and visit the Collingwood Children’s Farm for only $2 adult entry (kids free).
- National Bookshop Day at Readings St Kilda (Sat 9 Aug) – story time with the Gruffalo.
- National Bookshop Day at Books Illustrated “(Sat 9 Aug) – Visit the Books Illustrated showroom – your specialised picture book and illustration bookshop – to celebrate National Bookshop Day and you might even meet an author or illustrator!
- Love Desire & Riches: Princess for a Day at Ripponlea (Sat 10 Aug) – Bring along the kids to these family-friendly sessions which will include princess themed arts and crafts. If children come dressed up as a princess they will win a prize!
- Young at Art at Mornington Peninsula Art Gallery (Tue 12 Aug) – program for 0-5 year olds. Sing, dance, clap and stomp your feet with Matteo! Do an exciting activity with the Education Coordinator afterwards.
- Exxopolis Luminarium at Jam Factory Rooftop Carpark (Thu 14 Aug – Sun 24 Aug) – A monumental sculpture that spans the length of half a football field and is made up of 3,000 square metres of plastic. Its labyrinthine tunnels and cavernous domes will entice you into its mesmerising bright colourful light.
- Hot Chocolate Festival at the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie (Fri 1 Aug – Sun 31 Aug) – 31 limited edition hot chocolates and hot chocolate tastings. WIN TICKETS.
- Book signing with Bob Graham at Readings Hawthorn (Fri 8 Aug)
- National Bookshop Day at Readings Hawthorn (Sat 9 Aug) – story time with the Gruffalo.
- Belgrave Big Dreams Market(Sun 10 Aug) – discover original and bespoke design pieces, some of the yummiest and freshest produce the area has to offer, live music, bouncy castle and facepainting for the kids.
- Disney Princess Film Festival at Sun Theatre (Sat 2 Aug – Sun 31 Aug) – Sleeping Beauty, Pocahontas, The Little Mermaid, Snow White and Beauty and the Beast on the big screen.
- Peter Pan Jnr at Williamstown Musical Theatre Company (Fri 8 Aug – Sun 17 Aug) – Disney’s Peter Pan JR. is a modern version of the timeless tale about a boy who wouldn’t grow up with no flying required!
- Rescue: Live at Scienceworks (Sat 9 Aug – Sun 10 Aug) – Every weekend until 14 Sept meet those who keep Victorians safe, including firefighters, coast guard and search dogs.
- Yarraville Markets (Sat 9 Aug) – indoor market full of delicious handmade,gorgeous products
- National Bookshop Day at The Younger Sun (Sat 9 Aug) – storytime and special guest booksellers.
- Bumblebee Baby & Childrens Market Werribee (Sun 10 Aug) – Bumblebee Market is the place to buy and sell new, preloved and handmade baby & childrens goods.