Easter is this weekend and there are so many Easter egg hunts happening around the city I can’t keep up!
Here’s a list of what’s on around Melbourne and its surrounds for Easter.
CBD / Docklands
- Monski Mouse Baby Disco Dance Hall (Friday 18 April – Sun 20 April) – bop to pop hits and cool nursery rhymes in the Spiegeltent. Read our review.
- Very Big Laugh Out Loud (Fri 18 April – until Sun 20 April) – free family entertainment for Melbourne International Comedy Festival.
- Mexican Holiday at Immigration Museum (Fri 18 April – Mon 21 April) – Explore the colourful cultural traditions of Mexico with storytelling and craft activities.
- Artplay (throughout April) – Artplay offers a range of workshops covering a variety of art-forms from babies to school kids.
- Kids’ Flicks (thoughout April) – ACMI’s curated program of children’s films. Read our review.
- The Wiggles’ Children’s High Tea at The Langham (Fri 18 April – Mon 21 April) – a sweet treat for little ones in a very kid-friendly environment. Read our review.
- Under 8s Ice Fun at Medibank Icehouse (Fri 18 April – Mon 21 April) – unique toddler experience in shoes or skates.
- Disney Fun Zone at Melbourne Star (Fri 18 April – Sun 20 April) – Animal farm, craft station and the Easter Bunny for ticket holders.
- Bag of Tricks at Wonderland Fun Park (Fri 18 April – Sun 20 April ) – See Magic Tony & his delightful menagerie cast of bunnys Sebastian & Kevin, flying doves and a guinea pig called Giovanni.
- Good Friday Appeal Kids Day Out at MCEC (Fri 18 April) – MCEC will be transformed into a wonderland for kids, with Australia’s biggest roller-skating rink, Laser Strike, the popular Teddy Bear Hospital, art and play zones, kids cooking classes, music and dancing and so much more.
- Easter Sunday Treasure Hunt at Queen Victoria Market (Sun 20 April) – Roam the fruit and vegetable aisles and specialty stalls to meet market traders and find fun Easter surprises along the way.
- Easter Sunday Breakfast at Melbourne Aquarium (Sun 20 April) – morning family fun and entertainment at SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium.
- Celebrate the Aztecs at Melbourne Museum (Fri 18 April – Mon 21 April) – A daily program of family friendly activities inspired by the Aztecs.
- Keeper Kids at Melbourne Zoo (throughout April) – In Melbourne Zoo’s newest indoor play-based experience, you can put on a safety vest and tool belt and learn the tools of the trades that are used every day by Keepers, Veterinarians, Horticulturists, Researchers and Works crew.
- Easter Bunny Trail at Cooks Cottage Fitzroy Gardens (Fri 18 April – Sun 27 April) – Entry includes a map with fun-filled facts and riddles to help find the missing bunnies at Cooks’ Cottage. Children receive an Easter treat on completion in the Discovery Centre.
- National Trust Easter Fun Day at Rippon Lea and Mulberry Hill (Sun 20 April) – egg hunts, access to open houses and the opportunity to pack a picnic or enjoy delicious treats from the on site food market.
South / South-East / Bayside
- In Season Arts & Craft Sessions Kids Program at Jewish Museum Elsternwick (throughout April) – In Season has been designed specifically for children and families. It is jam-packed with plenty for kids to do, including dress-ups, arts and crafts, plus regular activities and workshops.
- Artea in Albert Park (throughout April) – Daily creative time and art programs for under 5s.Easter Egg Hunt at South Melbourne Market (Sat 19 April) – See how many eggs the kids can find hidden inside the Market! The Easter Bunny will be hopping around the market and you can pick up your fresh hot cross buns to take home.
- Melbourne’s Greatest Event Easter Egg Hunt (Sat 19 April) – Zaidee’s Rainbow Foundation bring to you Melbourne’s Greatest Easter Egg Hunt at Caulfield Racecourse.
- Mornington Railway Easter Bunny Train (Sun 20 April) – Join the Easter bunny on board as you ride the rails through to Mornington Station.
- Boneo Maze & Mini Golf Easter fun (Fri 18 April – Sun 20 April) – The maze will be buzzing with family games, prizes, Easter craft activities, egg hunts, parades and much more!
- Rye Kids Festival 2014 (Fri 18 April – Sun 20 April) – circus workshops, stage performances, roving acts and magic shows for 2-12 year olds.
- Luna Park Easter Egg Hunt (Sun 20 April) – A giant Easter Egg Hunt, the addition of the Sizzler ride and the Easter Bunny will all make for an unforgettable time at Melbourne’s Luna Park.
- Celebrate Corroboree at Healesville Sanctuary (Fri 18 April – Mon 21 April) – Healesville Sanctuary’s biggest celebration of Indigenous people and culture.
- Children’s Week at Skyhigh Mt Dandenong (Fri 18 April – Sun 20 April) – Lots of free kids activities.
- Yarra Valley Chocolatier and Ice Creamery Easter Family Fun (Fri 18 April – Mon 21 April) – Be greeted by the Chocolaterie’s Easter Bunnies, enjoy loads of free chocolate tastings, delight in our giant chocolate sculptures and the kids can find a special treat with our Easter egg hunts each day.
- Giant Easter Egg Hunt Melbourne at Chirnside Park (Sat 19 April) – Easter egg hunt and fun on the giant inflatable drop slide and climbing walls.
- Hedgend Maze (Fri 18 April) – Come and celebrate an amazing fun-filled day at Hedgend Maze on Good Friday from 10am to 3pm.
- Gulf Station (Sun 20 April) – Bring the kids, pack a picnic and share a fun Easter day at Gulf Station.
- Emerald Lake Park (Sun 20 April)– Come along to Emerald Lake Park to enjoy a free Easter treasure hunt on Easter Sunday between 10am and 2pm.
- Oakridge Wines (Sun 20 April) – Annual Easter Egg Hunt on Easter Sunday.
- Mandala Wines – Open Saturday and Sunday, serving the full a la carte menu, two courses $50 or three for $60. There’ll even be an easter egg hunt for the kids both days at 2pm and 4pm!
- Chirnside Park Country Club (Fri 18 April) – Family Fun Day with Easter Bunny & Egg Hunt, jumping castle, face painting, live entertainment, and more.
- Oscar’s on the Yarra (Sun 20 April) – Special 3 course Easter Sunday Lunch for $55 with Easter Egg Hunt.
- Healesville Tourist Railway Station (Sat 19 April) – Special egg hunt at noon on Saturday 19th April.
- Giant Easter Egg Hunt at the Adventure Park Geelong (Sun 20 April) – Join Adventure Park Geelong for their Giant Easter Egg Hunt.
- Bacchus Marsh Egg Hunt (Fri 18 April) – Amusement rides, jumping castles, face painters, market stalls, food and drink vans and entertainment
- Royal Children’s Good Friday Appeal at The Beach House, Altona (Fri 18 April) – Good Friday event includes live music, face painting, kids character appearances and a Good Friday Appeal RAFFLE, with proceeds going to the appeal.
- Good Friday Fun Day at Inspirational Health & Fitness Centre Altona North (Fri 18 April) – jumping castle, Easter egg hunt, face painting, crazy hairspray and more
- OWOCV Easter Egg Hunt at Bellarine Estate (Sun 20 April) – Our Women Our Children Volunteers host their annual Easter Egg Hunt in the gorgeous surroundings of Bellarine Estate Winery.