While I’m not a book buyer myself (I’m more a library advocate than someone who needs to own books) I do love buying books for my kids. Who knows what stories and titles they’ll treasure from their childhood bookshelves when they grow older?
Christmas is the perfect excuse to buy books as gifts so I’ve been scouring Penguin’s catalogue of new releases for kids that feature a Christmas theme. Here are my favourites:
- Mr Men Christmas Tree because every child should own at least one Mr Men book. They are classics.
- Spot’s First ChristmasLady AB loves Spot, especially all the lift-the-flap versions. This is book that she’ll be able to ‘read’ to herself happily.
- Madeline’s Christmas Activity Book I introduced Lady AB to Madeline recently and it’s another classic kids book character which has stood the test of time. An activity book is the perfect way to keep her amused on plane flights.
- The Christmas Tale of Peter Rabbit Naturally Beatrix Potter features in our bookshelves.
- Christmas Pop Up Peekaboo Lady AB has a Peekaboo Counting and Numbers book from her daycare Christmas party and this pop up book is bright and fun.
- The Snowman A Christmas classic which has been reprinted.
The Snowman and the Snowdog The sequel to The Snowman packaged with an adorable dog soft toy.
Giveaway! Thanks to Penguin I have 4 x copies of Christmas Pop Up Peekaboo (ie one of the books mentioned) to give away. To win all you have to do is 1. Like the blog on Facebook or follow on Twitter 2. Leave a comment here. The winners will be chosen randomly 7pm Sunday 22 December so hopefully the book will arrive to you Christmas Eve in time for Santa’s stocking!
The winners are #5, #28, #62 and #80. An email has been sent to you!