We love our chocolate treats at TOT HQ but I try to give them a bit of a healthy twist where possible.
So this week’s recipe is that kid’s party favourite, chocolate crackles. But healthy! Thanks to a pantry full of Loving Earth ingredients (this not a sponsored post, I’m just a big fan of the brand).
The recipe is so simple that kids can make it easily.
Healthy Chocolate Crackles
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup Loving Earth organic coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp Loving Earth raw organic cacao powder
- 125g Loving Earth raw organic coconut butter/oil
- 2 cups organic brown rice puffs – I buy mine from our local health food store
1. Put all the ingredients except the brown rice puffs into a saucepan and melt the coconut butter/oil over low heat until you get a thick goo.
2. Pour the mixture into a bowl over the rice puffs in a bowl and combine thoroughly with a large spoon.
3. Spoon dollops onto a lined tray or a lined 12 hole muffin tin (sneaking tastes along the way). Refrigerate until set.
An outfit change to get rid of all the cocoa-smeared clothing and it’s party time!